Friday, December 16, 2011

THAT girl

I have always.always.always been THAT girl.

You know the one.

The one that tries to have it all together... that goes out... that is as sociable as possible... who does her best at everything she attempts to accomplish.

But I'm that girl... who also... well, is fat.

Let's just be honest. I'm the fat friend. I mean, that's just how it's been.

I'm not necessarily happy about that fact. But it's something that I've been for most of my life. I was never a "normal" size. I was always bigger than my friends, my classmates, girls my age/height.

It bothered me sometimes... I mean, I have feelings. But, I think the part that bugged me the most was when people didn't think I knew that I was fat. It's not like I've never owned a mirror. It's not like I never had to go to a special store or section to buy clothes to fit me. I just kind of came to some place where I was complacent. I was ok with who I was... and if you weren't then (I would think...) who needs you!

I graduated college. I got a job. I got a different job. I got a new car. I got another degree. I was in a bad relationship. I got out of said relationship. I started new degree. I got in a better relationship. I was pretty happy.

Then, I started looking at myself. I started looking at all the money that I ended up throwing down the drain each month because I was not going to a gym I was paying for. I started being affected when I saw pictures of me with dear friends at weddings, at parties and just in general.

I knew it was time for a change.

I've been a yo-yo dieter for YEARS.

Literally, years.

Before I knew it I was eating lower fat, reading everything I ate, eating more fruits and veggies and after some diligence, completely stopped drinking soft drinks.

I decided then, to actually make use of the money I was spending every month on the gym and a little over 2 weeks ago I signed up for a fitness program with the gym. (More to come on that in another post.)

This has been the best two weeks of my life... as far as getting it in order goes. Let's just take a comparison.

This was taken October 2011 -- so just a little over two months ago.



This photo is from the other night. The string I'm holding is a visual representation of the 27.5 inches that I have lost in the past 2 weeks with just changing my eating habits and following my gym program. You can tell in my face for sure that I'm losing and a little in my chest and arms.


So this is where I am. I have a visualization of what/who I want to be. I want obtainable change and I know that with perseverance and the support system I'm thankful to have, I will.not.fail. this time.

2 comments:

  1. such an inspiration! blogging is so addicting. :) I ALWAYS tell people the lifestyle change quote. I hate when people say they are going on a diet. Diets END! you need a lifestyle change that will last forever! keep at it girl and let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting healthy and that's all that matters! YOU MATTER! I'm so glad you're finding yourself. Because that's exactly what you're doing. Finding you. You've always been beautiful and not just on the inside! I always looked up to you whether you knew it or not. You deserve to be happy and nothing gets the ol adrenaline pumping like a couple of hours at the gym. I wish I could make time like yourself. I know there will be an amazing difference come summertime! Love ya cuz!!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete