Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas and Choices and Training.... oh my.

Oh Christmas... How fun and exciting you are. And tempting. Damn you temptations!

Most times, and as I'd assume it would be for most this time of year, the temptations with the sweets, all the starches, all the FOOD abounds. I was tempted, so many times... and gave in. I mean, the ham, the dressing, the potatoes and sugar cookies... It was hard. I did eat. I had to. I knew, however, that I could not go crazy.

I am happy to report, that I did not go crazy. Did I "cheat"? Yes. But I did not go overboard. Hooray!

Small victory.

I was SO scared that I'd blown my efforts and that I had gained all the weight back. Call me crazy, because I know that it is impossible to regain 30 pounds in a 4-5 day time frame. But I felt like my snacking was going to kick me in the end. Without getting into details, let's just say my body was not happy. The good news, it's like my body is so accustomed to the good stuff I've been feeding it, that when I happened to overindulge, I was quick to notice that I didn't need to do it again.

And then, I came back home. And my trainer called me. And I thought "Well, I can't lie to her... or myself." I decided to just go ahead, bite the bullet and make an appointment for this morning to see her.

The good news? I weighed the same as I did a week ago before the Christmas holiday! The EXACT same.... down to the ounce. I was ecstatic! Would I have preferred to lose something, well of course... but I hadn't gained so that's a plus!

This morning I also decided to REALLY kick off the at home exercise routine I had been given to retrain my metabolism. It.kicked.my.butt. Hard.

The sad thing is that the training is to get my heart rate going, get my metabolism retrained to actually DO something and get my body moving. It's no more than jogging in place, jumping jacks and other simple exercises to complete at home to get the heart rate going. Additionally, I have strength training to complete like wall push ups (which are harder than I thought they could be), bicep curls, toe touches, crunches... all with resistance bands and weights.

Most of the retraining is mental. I can definitely say that without hesitation. AND while I'm going on the record, this retraining was only the 2nd time I had completed it. Shame on me. I had the HARDEST time with those ten pound weights and the curls and the lifts and the touches, and, my arms... my arms, are still like jello.

I suppose in my desire for change I need to feel it hurt. I understand how backwards that is and how I don't need to strain or injure myself. And, maybe it will come... because earlier, my legs weren't burning or like jello... but now, oh... my... Maybe the crunches from this morning will kick in later?

My rambling for today is mostly due to the fact that I have SO much going on in my head.
Closing Thoughts:
1. I want a salad.
2. I'm looking forward to meeting back with the trainer on Friday.
3. MUST.KEEP.MOVING
4. I really need a sports bra.
5. Protein powder - to buy or not to buy?


2 comments:

  1. GNC makes a really good chocolate "lean shake" that I just reviewed on my blog. I do at leas tone shake a day, for lunch, breakfast, or for a post workout snack. sometimes it's just fruit and greek yogurt, other times with protein powder, etc. become friends with your blender. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The JCP Magic Bullet is a wonderful thing for making shakes. I used it multiple times a day when I was drinking protein shakes. You can drink it straight out of what you blend it in!

    ReplyDelete