Thursday, January 5, 2012

Plateau... OH NO!

Well... the inevitable has happened.

I'm pretty sure I'm at a plateau.

RAWRRRR

BUT. I've been thinking of all the things that rhyme with plateau. Which, is funny, since plateau is an odd word to spell (Not going to lie... I had to make sure I was spelling it correctly before I began this post).

Phrases That Rhyme with Plateau:

Oh.No!
Grow.
Got's to go!


I knew it was going to happen. I KNEW I was going to plateau. I have heard it time and time again. I have also heard, "Just keep going", "Just keep moving", "Just keep doing what you're doing... it'll work itself out".

I believe that is truth... I promise.

But I am so scared that I'm just stuck for good... that 30 pounds down is all that is going to happen. SOMEONE talk some sense into me! I've been at the same number on the scale (give or take a pound or so) for almost 2 weeks now...

So... I began to amp things up a little more. I had been doing my at home metabolism retraining exercises my trainer gave me... but I just get bored with doing them at home... standing in one spot as I look at my Christmas tree (I haven't had a chance to box it up yet... don't hate). I wish I had a bigger place so that I could just exercise, amp up the music... oh... and a treadmill... I want a treadmill.

ANYway... so I started by buying protein powder. Umm... a little skim milk... a little water... a little protein and a pulse or two from the blender and it's DELICIOUS! Mmmm chocolately protein goodness.

THEN, I decided to FINALLY go to Zuuuuuuumba!

Zumba is going to (and is already) change my life.

I have never been SO excited about working out. I have never wanted to get my heart beating. I have never wanted to sweat, to stretch, to literally, feel the burn. It's awesome!

So, this week, I have gone to two Zumba classes. I have drank 3 protein shakes. I have stayed at the same number on the scale.

I HAVEN'T gotten depressed... I HAVEN'T stressed out to the point that I've resorted to eating badly (more on that on a later post). But, I am getting concerned.

I'm moving. I'm not eating junk. I'm getting protein to rebuild muscles.

WHEN does the plateau end? Any advice/suggestions/encouragement would be great.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know when it will end, or what makes it end, but I know that it WILL end. This is why dieting (lifestyle changing) is SO hard. Its easy to keep going when you see the results, and its easier to stop when you don't see them. Now is when TIME is a huge factor. Even if you lose a pound a week, that's 4 pounds a month and 52 pounds a year! Perservere girl. You are an inspiration. I will fight with my weight for the rest of my life, its nice to see someone succeeding in their weight struggles...its motivating. And keep measuring your inches! Good luck girlie! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda I have been threw soooo many plateau's. The best thing to do is to give the scale a rest!! instead let's celebrate the small victories like how many inches are you down. Also I am so excited that you started a new routine with zumba!! Maybe its time to step your cardio up just a notch and look into doing some pilates to give you a different variety of things to do..You are doing an awesome job and if you wanna hook up and workout sometimes just let me know..Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete