Thursday, January 26, 2012

No Pain, No Gain

**Disclaimer**
This blog post is ALL over the place. I had a road I was going down when I first started typing that ended up going down other avenues. I promise it is worth the read though. :)
___________________________________________________________________

"No Pain, No Gain"

You've heard that before, I'm sure.

I have heard it about a million times. Every time I heard that statement I would respond with rolling my eyes and thinking, "Whatever". But it's true!

I am here, posting today, to unfortunately report that EVERY thing that you have ever been told, all the motivating statements, all the possibly unwanted advice, all the old adages, THEY. ARE. TRUE.

Drink More Water

Eat Your Vegetables

It'll Get Easier

Just Keep Going

JUST DO IT.

It's beyond frustrating to think of the time I have spent thinking that all those statements are silly... I mean, duh, I get it. I eat vegetables (with loads of salt and butter and fat). I drink a lot of water (but I'm not eating cleaner/leaner).

This whole process, losing weight, feeling better, eating leaner, working out.... it's a process. It's something that you have to want. I FINALLY GOT IT! I have tried and tried before (I thought) but it's something that truly works together when you get the pieces right.

Anyway... *getting off soap box*

All that to say.... I hurt. I hurt a lot. I have muscles hurting that I didn't even know I had! Obliques, lower abs, shoulders, muscles in my legs that I didn't know were there... all hurt. But it's AWESOME! It makes me feel like I'm doing good things, ya know? I'm even becoming one of THOSE work out people...

You know... the ones that wear work out clothes EVEN when not working out. Now granted, for me that's just either some soft lounge pants/capris and a t-shirt... but still.... I'm wanting to wear those clothes ALL the time. I do find, however, that when I wear those clothes, I WANT to move and become active EVEN when I'm trying to "rest" that day.

Also, and this is weird... but, whatever...

I have become much more aware of silly things I do when working out. For example, I'm holding my breath when I'm working out.... WHY?! Also... and this makes me feel like a goober... but I notice that when I'm working out I also like, roll my tongue. I don't know why I do that!

Does anyone else have any weird quirks or things you noticed yourself doing after/while you work(ed) out?

OH... and quick photo comparison. (Because I never SEE changes in the mirror I often take pictures to see what has changed each month).

Everyone should remember this from mid-December...


For those that may not be familiar, this was the first photo I took after losing the initial amount of weight and getting measured for the first time - about 25 or so pounds and 27.5 inches lost total.


**holy cow... I have cheekbones?!**

This photo was taken yesterday, January 25th, 2012. As I was getting ready for work I kinda felt like I looked "different". I actually met with my trainer yesterday... I've lost a total of 35 pounds and 50 inches. Just gotta keep on keeping on!




3 comments:

  1. Ok it's been a while for me... But at one point I was a work out freak. Pilates twice a week and treadmill/running/bike the other days. It was addicting. Sort of a way to release my stress from my body. That was probably a year ago. I'm so weak now. You're really inspiring to find some sort of routine again. Like you said once you just do it... I need to just do it. Keep up the good work manner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOOOOOOSH!
    I must see your cheekbones in person! ASAP!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete